. Perinatal Journal 1993;1(1):1-1 DOI:
- I.Ü. Cerrahpaşa Tıp Fakültesi Anesteziyoloji Anabilim Dalı İSTANBUL TR
Conflicts of Interest
No conflicts declared.
1. Mokriski BK, Malinow AM: Preeclampsia and eclampsia: Anesthetic management. ASA 1992, Vol 20; Chapter 13; 143-154.
2. Schiff E, Peleg E, Goldenber M, & at al.: The use of aspirin to prevent pregnancy-induced hypertension and lower the ratio of thromboxane A2 to prostacyclin in relatively high risk pregnan cies. N Engl J Med 1989; 321: 351-356.
3. Easterling TR, Benedetti TJ, Schmucker BC, Millard SV: Maternal hemodynamics in normal and preeclamptic pregnancies: A longitudinal study. Obstet Gynecol 1990; 76: 1061-1069.
4. Benedetti TJ, Kates R, Williams V: Hemodynamic observa tions in severe preeclampsia complicated by pulmonary edema. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1985; 152: 330-334.
5. Cotton DB, Gonik B, Dorman K, Harrist R: Cardiovascular alterations in severe pregnancy-induced hypertension: Relation ship of central venous pressure to pulmonary capillary wedge pressure. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1985; 151: 762-764.
6. Martin JN, Blake PG, Lowry SI, Perry KG, Files JC, Mor rison JC: Pregnancy complicated by preeclampsia-eclampsia with the syndrome of hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes, and low platelet count: How rapid is postpartum recovery? Obstet Gyne col 1990; 76; 737-741.
7. Lindheiiner MD, Katz AI: Current concepts Hypertension in pregnancy. N Engl J Med. 1985; Sept 12; Vol.313; No.ll: 675- 680.
8. Gatt SP: Gestational proteinuric hypertension. Current Opin ion in Anaesthesiology 1992. 5: 354-359.
9. Rainanathan J, Coleman P, Sibai B: Anesthetic modification of hemodynamic and neuroendocrine stress responses to cesarean delivery in women with severe preeclampsia. Anesth Analg 1991; 73: 772-779.
10. Moore TR, Key TC, Reisner LS, Resnik R: Evaluation of the use of continuous lumbar epidural anesthesia for hypertensive pregnant women in labor. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1985; 152: 404- 412.
11. Ramos-Santos E, Devoe LD, Wakefield ML, Sherline DM, Metheny WP: The effects of epidural anesthesia on the Doppler Velocimetry of umblical and uterine arteries in normal and hyper tensive patients during active term labor. Obstet Gynecol 1991; 77: 20-26.
12. Jouppila P, Jouppila R, Hollmin A, Koivula A: Lumbar epidural analgesia to improve intervillous blood flow during labor in severe preeclampsia. Obstet Gynecol 1982; 59: 2; 158-161.
13. Albright GA, Juoppila R, Hollmin A, Jouppila P, Vierola H, Koivula A: Epinephrine does not alter human intervillous blood flow during epidural anesthesia. Anesthesiology 1981: 54: 131-135.
14. Crosby ET: Obstetrical anaesthesia for patients with the syn drome of haemolysis, elevated liver enzymes and low platelets. Can J Anaesth 1991; 38: 227-233.
15. Sibai BM, Mabie BC, Harvey CJ, Gonzales AR: Pulmo nary edema in severe preeclamptia- eclampsia: Analysis of thirty- seven concecutive cases. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1987; 156: 1174- 1179.
16. Aykaç B, Akkor A, Öz H, Bozkurt P: The severe pree clampsia and exlampsia cases treated in the ICU. European Acad emy of Anesthesiology. 14th Annual Meetings Poznan, 1992.
17. Clark SL, Cotton DB: Clinical indications for pulmonary ar tery catheterization in the patient with severe preeclampsia. Am J Obstet Gynecol !988; 158: 453^58.
18. Cunningham FG, Pritchard JA, Hankins GDV, Anderson PL, Lucas MJ, Armstrong K: Peripartum heart failure. Idio pathic cardiomyopathy or compounding cardiovascular events ? Obstet Gynecol 1986; 67: 157-168.
19. Benedetti TJ, Cotton DB, Read JC, Miller FC: Hemody namic observations in severe preeclampsia with a flowdirected pulmonary artery catheter. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1980; 136: 465-470.
20. Maikranz P, Lindheimer MD: Hypertension in pregnancy.Medical Clinics of North America Sept. 1987; 71;5: 1031-1041.
21. Kirshon B, Lee W, Mauer MB, Cotton DB: Effects of low- dose dopamine therapy in the oleguric patient with preeclampsia. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1988; 159: 604-607.
22. Richards AM, Moodley J, Graham DJ, Bullock MR: Ac tive management of the unconscious eclamptic patient. British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, June 1986; 93: 554-562.
23. Melrose EB: Maternal deaths at King Edward VIII Hospital, Durban. S Afr Med J 1984; 65: 161-165.
24. Sheehan HL, Lynch JB: Pathology of toxemia in pregnancy. Williams and Williams Co, Baltimore, 1973.
25. Sibai BM, Spinnato JA, Watson DL, Lewis JA, Anderson GD: Effect of magnesium sulfate on electroencephalographic findings in preeclampsia-eclampsia. Obstet Gynecol 1984; 64: 261-266.
26. Monsalve F, Rucabado L, Ruano M, Cunat J, Lacueva V, Vinuales A: The neurologic effects of thiopental therapy after cardiac arrest. Intensive Care Medicine 1987; 13: 244-248.
27. Cold GE, Christensen MS, Shmidt K: Effect of two levels of induced hypocapniaon cerebral autoregulation in the acute phase of head incury coma. Acta Anaesth Scand 1981; 25: 397- 401.
28. Mendelow AD, Teasdale GM, Russel T, Flood J, Patterson J, Murray GD: Effect of mannitol on cerebral blood flow and ce rebral perfusion pressure in human head injury. J Neurosurg July 1985;63:43-48.
29. Sieber FE, Traystman RJ: Special issues: Glucose and the brain. Criticale Care Medicine 1992; 20: 1: 104-114.